For your safety, the Fordham Libraries Circulation & Reserves Department staff members are:
- Wearing masks and gloves as we handle all library materials, including books;
- Quarantining returned books and any materials used within the Library for 3 days before processing and reshelving
- Encouraging contactless and self-service options, like self-checkout, and placing holds in the catalog
- Maintaining patron-accessible self-service hold pickup locations at each campus library
- Having book return bins available 24/7 for all returned books
- Processing Document Delivery requests within 3 business days in the order they are received; and
- Creating a Digital Reserves collection (also accessible from the Library Catalog)
- Spring 2021 Reserve Book requests may be submitted through the online Reserve Book Request Form
Specific Circulation & Reserves Information for:
Available holds will be located in the Atrium for self-service pickup and self-checkout for 5 business days following initial notice that the items are available for you. Please allow for 3 - 5 days for Walsh items to become available, and 7 - 10 days for Quinn and Westchester items (transferred materials will be quarantined between campuses).
Self-checkout units are available in the Atrium across from the Circulation & Reserves Desk whenever the Library building is open.
Though the department’s hours will fluctuate throughout the semester, staff generally will be available to process requests and retrieve materials from the stacks between 10am-6pm Monday through Thursday during the fall/spring semester. We can be contacted online:
Current periodicals have been removed from the East Reading Room shelves, but they remain available to you by request.
- Email email@example.com with the journal title and corresponding issue information for self-service pickup in the Atrium and in-Library use only.
- Submit a Document Delivery request, including "Current Periodicals" in the call number field, to request a single article from a current issue.
The Paleography Room will be closed for the Spring 2021 semester. For specific requests for Paleography Collection materials:
- Submit a Document Delivery request for a scanned selection from a single item; or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title, author, and call number of a needed item to browse the material inside the Library.
- Note: All items used by patrons will be quarantined before being returned to the Paleography Room.
Visit Quinn Library's information page.
Visit Westchester Library information page.
For more information about Access, Circulation and Reserves, please visit our Access & Borrowing page.