For your safety, the Fordham Libraries Circulation & Reserves Department staff members are:
- Encouraging contactless and self-service options, like self-checkout, and placing holds in the catalog;
- Requiring all books and library materials be returned via the designated book drops and bins (available 24/7);
- Maintaining patron-accessible self-service hold pickup locations at each campus library;
- Using the necessary personal protective equipment as we handle library materials, including books;
- Processing Document Delivery requests within 3 business days in the order they are received; and
- Maintaining a Digital Reserves collection (also accessible from the Library Catalog).
- Summer 2021 and Fall 2021 Reserve Book requests may be submitted through the online Reserve Book Request Form
Specific Circulation & Reserves Information for:
Available holds will be located in the Atrium for self-service pickup and self-checkout for 5 business days following initial notice that the items are available for you. Please allow up to 4 days for Walsh items and up to 7 days for Quinn and Westchester items to become available (transferred materials may take longer to arrive, pending intercampus delivery schedules).
Self-checkout units are available in the Atrium across from the Circulation & Reserves Desk whenever the Library building is open.
Though the department’s hours may fluctuate throughout the summer, staff generally will be available to process requests and retrieve materials from the stacks between 10am-6pm Monday through Thursday during the summer. We can be contacted online:
Current periodicals have been removed from the East Reading Room shelves, but they remain available to you by request.
- Email email@example.com with the journal title and corresponding issue information for self-service pickup in the Atrium and in-Library use only.
- Submit a Document Delivery request, including "Current Periodicals" in the call number field, to request a single article from a current issue.
The Paleography Room will be closed for the summer. For specific requests for Paleography Collection materials:
- Submit a Document Delivery request for a scanned selection from a single item; or
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title, author, and call number of a needed item to browse the material inside the Library.
- Note: All items used by patrons will be returned using the indoor book bins located in front of the Circulation & Reserves Desk.
Visit Quinn Library's information page.
Visit Westchester Library information page.
For more information about Access, Circulation and Reserves, please visit our Access & Borrowing page.