Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Environmental Studies at Fordham
The Environmental Studies Department offers a major in Environmental Studies with concentrations in several areas:
- Environmental Law
- Environmental Politics, Government and Regulation
- Sustainable Business and Environment
- Environmental Design
- Conservation Biology
- Environmental Organizations
- Parks, Recreation & Public Land Management
- Organic Agriculture and Food Security
- Environmental Education
- Environmental Communications
- Medicine, Public Health and Nutrition
- Environmental Philosophy, Religion and Ethics
- Environmental History and American Studies
- Environmental Art and Literature, and
- Sustainable Development
The department also offers a minor, and study abroad opportunities.
Toward a more sustainable Fordham
Fordham's Social Innovation Collaboratory
"A network of Fordham University students, faculty, administrators, alumni and community members working together to promote social innovation for the achievement of social justice, social entrepreneurship and environmental sustainability."
Have a look at the Changemaker Blog for inspiring coverage of student eco-activism at Fordham.
A 963-kilowatt solar panel array now resides atop the five-story parking garage on Fordham’s Rose Hill campus. Comprising 2,790 individual solar panels, the array expands greatly on the 84-panel array installed on the roof of the Walsh Library in 2010.