1. Start at the Library Homepage (https://www.fordham.edu/library) NOT my.fordham.edu.
2. Do Not use Fordham VPN to access library resources.
3. Try a different browser (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox); MAC users should try Safari first.
4. Clear your History/Cache/Cookies.
5. Make sure Cookies and Pop-ups are enabled; Allow trusted database sites.
6. Be aware of any notes provided for additional instructions.
7. Some Internet monitoring/blocking programs, browser extensions, software, and private windows may not be fully compatible with the library's electronic resources. Disable and try accessing the e-resource again.
IT Customer Care for computer issues; AccessIT ID login problems; or issues with MFA (Multi Factor Authentication)
HelpIT@fordham.edu Or 718-817-3999 Or Tech Help tab at My.Fordham.edu
Library E-resources Department if you cannot access a specific resource, whether on campus or remote, after successful login with AccessIT ID. Example: an error message or a login box appears on the homepage of a resource.
Lynn Parliman at 718-817-3531 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Luisa Porretta at 718-817-3583 | email@example.com
Library Reference Department for assistance with search strategies or research guides
Call Reference Desk at Rose Hill (718-817-3586), Lincoln Center (212-636-6050) or Westchester (914-367-3061).
has a new program that provides no-cost access to its databases for students and researchers who have been separated from their universities and libraries because of travel bans or other immigration changes. Please send an email to: ContinueMyResearch@proquest.com for assistance on how to request this program
Sporadic problems downloading reports and Excel files primarily when using Chrome. This is impacting remote access, but on-campus access may also be affected. Provider is working to resolve the issue and suggests using Firefox for best results.
Users in older versions of Internet Explorer (IE8 and earlier) and Firefox (Firefox 12 and earlier) may experience display issues on the new site. Known Issues
Remote access does not work using "Private Windows" for MAC.
ARTICLE LINKER TO SCIENCE DIRECT
You might see a message in red "Sorry, your request can not be processed due to a system problem." The problem has been reported when searching between OneSearch and Science Direct, and also between Scopus and Science Direct but you might see it with any other linking to Science Direct.
As an alternative, try searching the OPAC if you know the journal name/author or use the E-Journal tab from the library homepage. The E-Journals tab on the databases list has a direct link to all Science Direct platform journals (however, we don't subscribe to all). You can find the journal you are looking for. If you get the error message and see the Article Linker sidebar on the right, try clicking those links because many of them work if we have subscribed journal access.